Recipe by Sharon123
Sprinkled with brown sugar, the figs are grilled for several minutes until they are tender and exploding with flavor and then paired with a dollop of creamy honey ricotta. Adapted from About.com.
- 8 -10 fresh figs
- 1 -2 tablespoon macadamia nuts, chopped (or almonds chopped)
- 2 1⁄2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 cup of fresh ricotta cheese
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 8 -10 mint leaves (to garnish) (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Pre-heat the grill.
- Trim fig stems, if any, and cut figs in half length-ways.
- Lightly butter a shallow baking dish. Place the figs curved side down in the dish. Sprinkle each fig with a little brown sugar. Sprinkle nuts over figs, if using.
- Grill figs for about 3-4 minutes or until the sugar starts to bubble.
- Meanwhile, combine ricotta and honey in a bowl and stir until smooth and creamy.
- Remove figs from the oven and gently place on serving plates with a dollop of honey ricotta.
- Garnish with mint leaves and serve. Enjoy!