Prep 30 mins
Cook 10 mins
- 4 ounces goat cheese, fresh/soft
- 2 tablespoons fresh breadcrumbs
- 6 mint leaves, cut in thin strips
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh parsley
- salt and pepper
- 12 fresh figs, mission
- 12 pancetta (1/16" thick or less)
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1⁄2 teaspoon finely chopped fresh thyme (optional)
- Combine goat cheese, breadcrumbs, mint and parsley in a small bowl.
- Season with salt and freshly ground pepper.
- Cut figs almost from top to bottom keeping them attached at the broad end.
- Make an indentation/hollow in each half with your thumb.
- Stuff each fig with approximately 1 teaspoons of the goat cheese mixture and squeeze very gently to close.
- Wrap a slice of pancetta around each fig, overlapping with each revolution-- don't wrap too snugly.
- Cover the figs with plastic wrap and refrigerate (up to 1 day) until ready to grill.
- Grill figs over a moderately hot fire to crisp the pancetta and warm the figs-- 8-10 minutes .
- Transfer to a serving platter-- drizzle honey and sprinkle the thyme over and serve.