Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
"Ready, Set, Cook! Contest Entry" When the feta comes off the grill in Reynold's Wrap foil, new friends are always curious while old friends file toward this warm, delicious favorite. This is always a popular in a crowd and a quick, easy appetizer to throw on the grill.
- 8 ounces feta cheese, cut horizontally
- 1 tablespoon fresh rosemary or 1⁄4 teaspoon dried rosemary
- 3⁄4 cup olive oil, for coating veggies
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons olive oil, for feta
- 1 medium zucchini, cut lengthwise in 1/4 inch slices and cut in half horizontally post-grilling
- 1 large red bell pepper, cut in half four times for 8 pieces
- salt (optional)
- 1⁄4 cup almonds, coarsely chopped and roasted (optional)
- Reynolds Wrap Foil
- Place raw almonds in a pan and roast over low-medium heat for 3 minutes flip and roast for 3 more minutes. Coarsely chop and set aside.
- Prepare Zucchini and Red Peppers. Brush each side of red pepper strips and zucchini with olive oil. Salt (optional). Grill until desired readiness.
- Prepare Feta. Place feta halves in the center of a large piece of foil. To prevent olive oil from leaking onto the grill, pull all four corner of the foil together vertically.
- Pour 3/2 tablespoons olive oil over the feta, and crumble fresh rosemary over the feta (or ~ 1/4 tsp dried rosemary.
- Bring all ends of the foil together to loosely enclose the feta in the foil pocket, and grill over a medium heat for 5-7 minutes until cheese is soft. Remove immediately if bottom of cheese starts to brown.
- Spoon the soft, rosemary feta over the red peppers and zucchini, and sprinkle almond pieces on top for added protein.
- Notes: If baking in oven, you can place the foiled feta in a dish to reduce the risk of possible mess/spills. Be careful not to puncture the foil or the oil will leak out and make a mess. You can grill at the same time just be sure to place the feta on the grill 2-3 minutes before you remove the veggies so you have time to arrange veggies on platter. it's important to spread the feta quickly and serve immediately; the cheese is best enjoyed warm and soft.