Prep 10 mins
Cook 5 mins
A fresh and easy dish that showcases the flavour of the feta as well as the tomatoes. This is a recipe from the Best of Bridge. They also mention that you should keep tomatoes on the kitchen counter, not in the fridge, to develop the full flavour. Enjoy!
- 1 lb tomatoes, mixture of yellow, red and green (if you can!)
- butter lettuce
- 1 lb feta cheese, chunk (solid)
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 bunch fresh basil leaf
- 1⁄4 cup extra virgin olive oil (I use less)
- fresh ground pepper
- Slice tomatoes and arrange on serving plates with lettuce. Get creative!
- Using a very sharp knife, cut feta into 6 even slices and place on lightly oiled cookie sheet (I oil nonstick tin foil on the cookie sheet). Drizzle with oil and heat under broiler until lightly browned. Place warm feta on top of tomatoes.
- Chop basil and sprinkle over salad. Drizzle with oil and sprinkle with freshly ground pepper.
This is so yummy. The grilled feta tasted so good. Great with the olive oil, fresh basil and tomatoes. Thanks Nif :) Made for ZWT 9
This is to die for!! Incredible salad and flavour. The feta cheese was so soft and so delicious after having been broiled. I used cooking spray on alu foil and drizzled with a bit less oil than the recipe called for. The fresh basil on top is a must. We will be making this again for sure. Thanks for sharing