Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
Perfect for summer cookouts! The packet(s) can be made ahead of time and then popped on the grill (or in the oven).
- olive oil
- 24 slices onions (1/4 inch)
- 1 (8 ounce) package feta cheese, sliced in half horizontally
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1⁄2 green bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 1⁄2 red bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 teaspoon fresh oregano or 1⁄2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 24 slices crusty French bread (1/2 inch)
- Oil a 14 inch long piece of heavy duty aluminum foil.
- Place onion slices in center of French Bread slices on the foil.
- Slice Feta into 24 pieces, place on top of onions and sprinkle with garlic.
- Add bell peppers and sprinkle with oregano and black pepper.
- Fold up foil and seal edges.
- Grill covered 30 minutes turning once or bake at 350°F.
You said: Perfect for a summer cookout. You are right...delish, served on lightly toasted Pita Bread. Made for Lorac's Cook-A-Thon.
We just ate this, and really enjoyed it. I made a half recipe in 2 seperate packages, then we each had our few pieces of fresh bread and slathered it on. We had a fresh lemon wedge each to squeeze over it before we ate it. YUM!