- olive oil
- 24 slices onions (1/4 inch)
- 1 (8 ounce) package feta cheese, sliced in half horizontally
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1⁄2 green bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 1⁄2 red bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 teaspoon fresh oregano or 1⁄2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 24 slices crusty French bread (1/2 inch)
Directions See How It's Made
- Oil a 14 inch long piece of heavy duty aluminum foil.
- Place onion slices in center of French Bread slices on the foil.
- Slice Feta into 24 pieces, place on top of onions and sprinkle with garlic.
- Add bell peppers and sprinkle with oregano and black pepper.
- Fold up foil and seal edges.
- Grill covered 30 minutes turning once or bake at 350°F.