Prep 5 mins
Cook 5 mins
From Cooking Pleasures magazine. Easy, quick and good.
- 8 ounces feta
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 large garlic clove, minced
- 1 tablespoon coarsely chopped fresh dill
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- Slice feta into 1/2" thick pieces.
- Place in a single layer on large piece of oiled heavy duty foil.
- Fold up sides of foil, leaving top open.
- Combine oil, vinegar and garlic.
- Drizzle over feta.
- Sprinkle with dill and pepper. (I folded up the sides and sealed the packet at this point, but original directions do not specify this.).
- Grill, covered, over medium heat for 3 to 5 minutes or until cheese is soft.
- Serve with warm pita wedges.
Made exactly as written, and really really enjoyed! Never thought of grilling feta, great recipe!
Oh my, was this ever good! I subbed dried dill for the fresh (just eyeballed the amount I thought was appropriate) and probably also used extra black pepper, since I just ground it directly over the feta and do tend to get a little excited when I'm adding pepper. :) Rather than serving with pita wedges, we ate it with a wonderful crusty bread and enjoyed every single bite. Thanks so much for posting the recipe!