Recipe by MarraMamba
One of the most underutilized vegetables with its anise undertones, it's one of the few I love. A woman in the grocery today gave me her recipe for it on the barbecue.
Top Review by Gourmandelise
It was ok. I used the suggested marinade and grilled along side pork tenderloins. next time I will simply rub with olive oil and garlic, salt and pepper before grilling and finish the grilled fennel with a drizzle of balsamic.
- 1 fennel bulb
- 7.39 ml olive oil
- 14.79 ml balsamic vinegar (or 1/2 lemon juiced)
- 14.79 ml Dijon mustard (coarse if you have it)
- 14.79 ml minced garlic
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- In a small bowl, whisk together oil, vinegar, mustard, and garlic, salt and pepper to taste.
- Cut off fennel stalks, quarter fennel bulb lengthwise (she said some remove the core, she doesn't bother). Brush each fennel quarter with marinade.
- Prepare grill and preheat to medium. Grill fennel, turning several times with tongs, until slightly charred and crisp-tender. Can also be done on a ridged grill panel.