Prep 5 mins
Cook 35 mins
I love fennel in all of its forms and have recently experimented with a grilled version of it and thought that the following recipe was particularly good. The combination of fennel, lemon juice and honey really works together and makes this quite addictive.
- 2 fennel heads
- 1 lemon
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 100 ml olive oil
- 2 tablespoons honey
- salt and pepper
- Halve fennels lengthwise, and then cut each half to four. No need to remove the core.
- Arrange fennels in a shallow baking tray.
- Mix all other ingredients well and pour over the fennels. Mix well to coat fennels on all sides.
- Put in an oven, gas mark 6 or 7 for 25 minutes, toss occasionally to make sure the fennel is re-coated with the mixture.
- Let cool for 5 minutes before serving.