Prep 30 mins
Cook 10 mins
A healthy version of falafels. Serve in pita with tzatziki sauce and cucumbers.
- 1 (19 ounce) canno sodium chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1⁄3 cup red onion, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, chopped
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons pepper
- 1 egg
- 1⁄2 cup cooked quinoa, cooled
- 1⁄4 cup oats
- Cook and cool quinoa.
- Pulse all ingredients in a food processor until fairly smooth.
- Shape into 4-6 patties. Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour or until needed.
- Preheat grill to medium high. Spray grill with spray and cook for 8-10 minutes, flipping once.