Recipe by Chocolatl
This is a really different recipe, and surprisingly kid-friendly. From the Barbecue Bible. For a milder sauce, seed the chile.
Top Review by weekend cooker
This is the first time I have tried grilled eggs, and was quite surprised. They turned out real well, and we enjoyed the fish sauce on these. Quite an easy recipe too. Had great taste too. Served this with recipe#429125#429125.
- 4 large eggs, at room temperature
- 3 tablespoons asian fish sauce
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 Thai chile, thinly sliced
- 1 head boston lettuce, separated into leaves
- 16 sprigs of fresh mint
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat grill to medium.
- Pierce a tiny hole in the end of each egg.
- Place eggs on grill and cook until shell is browned and eggs are cooked through, 10-12 minutes, turning frequently with tongs.
- Combine fish sauce, lime juice, sugar, garlic and chile in a small bowl and stir until sugar is dissolved.
- Shell eggs and cut into quarters.
- To eat, place one egg quarter on a lettuce leaf with a sprig of mint and roll up. Dip in sauce.