Grilled Eggplant With Yogurt and Tomato Sauces
- Trim the eggplant and cut lengthwise into 6 thick slices. Season all over and brush with 2 tablespoons of the oil.
- Heat the remaining oil in a small pan and add the tomatoes, garlic and chili flakes, along with a little salt.
- Cook gently for 3-4 minutes until the tomatoes are just softened.
- In a small bowl, mix the yogurt with the mint and some salt and pepper.
- Heat a barbecue or grill pan, and cook the eggplant slices for 5-6 minutes each side until nicely browned and softened.
- Serve 3 slices per person with the minty yogurt and tomato sauces.