Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
From the September issue of Good Food Magazine.
- 1 large eggplant
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 5 ounces cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 garlic clove, finely minced
- 1⁄4 teaspoon chili flakes
- 8 ounces plain yogurt
- 1 tablespoon mint, chopped
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Trim the eggplant and cut lengthwise into 6 thick slices. Season all over and brush with 2 tablespoons of the oil.
- Heat the remaining oil in a small pan and add the tomatoes, garlic and chili flakes, along with a little salt.
- Cook gently for 3-4 minutes until the tomatoes are just softened.
- In a small bowl, mix the yogurt with the mint and some salt and pepper.
- Heat a barbecue or grill pan, and cook the eggplant slices for 5-6 minutes each side until nicely browned and softened.
- Serve 3 slices per person with the minty yogurt and tomato sauces.
Very good. The flavors are light and tasty, but the dish was very filling. Plus it's quick and easy.