Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
Here's a great grilled dish for vegetarians-serve with Chicken Satay, Crab Pizza for your meat loving friends and family and everyones happy!
- In a medium saucepan heat the sesame oil over medium heat.
- Add the garlic and red pepper flakes.
- Saute for 1 minute.
- Whisk in the peanut butter, tamari, lime juice, sugar and water, cooking for 2 minutes.
- Add a touch of water-you want the sauce to be the consistency of hot fudge sauce.
- Keep warm over low heat.
- Heat your grill to medium high heat.
- Slice the eggplant 1/2 inch thick.
- Brush both sides with oil and lightly salt.
- Grill for 8-10 minutes or until tender and lightly browned.
- Brush lightly with sauce and serve with remaining sauce.
I roasted my eggplant...just cut into cubes and baked them about 15 min at 375 which was easy. For the sauce, i cut back on the red pepper and then added extra soy milk and some sweet potato puree to sneak in some more veggies and it was completely undetectable!!!!! it actually mellowed all the flavors to perfection. i would have given this 5 stars for the sauce but i didnt care for it atop eggplant (which is one of my favorites). I think I would prefer it atop broccoli and carrots and snap pras. For his meal, I plated the eggplant over some rice and drizzled the peanut sauce on top. We also ended up using the leftover sauce as a dipper for our vegetable egg rolls.
Excellent sauce! A great combination of sweet and spicy. I substituted lichi juice for the water and didn't need any sugar.
For an Arabic tasting dish, cut the eggplant in cubes. Toss the eggplant with some cubed lamb and cook over medium heat until eggplant is very soft. Serve over rice cooked with chicken broth and top with plain yogurt. SO GOOD!