Prep 20 mins
Cook 5 mins
From Forever Summer by Nigella Lawson
- 2 large eggplants
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 8 ounces feta cheese
- 1 large red chile
- 1 bunch of fresh mint
- 1 lemon
- black pepper
- Preheat a grill on high.
- Slice eggplant into thin slices lengthwise. There will be about 10 from each eggplant.
- Finely chop red chili - include seeds if you want it extra spicy.
- Finely chop mint - save a few bits for sprinkling over the top of finished dish.
- Juice lemon.
- Crumble feta into a bowl. Add red chili, mint and lemon juice and stir to combine. Add some freshly ground black pepper.
- Brush both sides of each eggplant slice with oil. Grill for about 2 minutes on each side or until tender.
- Lay a slice of eggplant out onto a cutting board.
- Place a heaping teaspoon of the feta mixture onto one end of the slice. Roll up the eggplant with the feta inside.
- Place seam side down on a serving plate. Repeat with remaining eggplant slices.
- Sprinkle with the reserved mint.