1 hr 50 mins
1 hr 10 mins
Chef #901913's Note:
The Recipe is a Greek-Italian melange that is made in Athens, in Italian restaurant. The juice that the tomato and eggplant give off while baking becomes the sauce for the dish, or sopping up with a crusty breadc.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1.Heat grill to medium.
- 2Spread eggplant slices on 2 baking sheets or trays. Brush 1/4 cup oil over both sides of eggplant slices. Spray another baking sheet with cooking spray and arrange tomato slices onit.
- 3Season eggplant and tomatoes with pepper.
- 4Oil the grill rack. Grill the eggplant slices until browned and tender, 5 to 7 minutes per side.
- 5Set aside. Place the baking sheet with tomatoes on the grill rack; cover and grill until tomatoes are bubbling and warm, about 7 minutes.
- 6Preheat oven to 350°F Spray six 7-10 oz ramekins ar custard cups 9 about the sane size as eggplant slices) with cooking spray.
- 7Assemble the towers. Using a wide spatula, layer an eggplant slice, a tomato slice, and a basil leaf in each ramekin. Sprinkle with about 1 tablespoon of feta. Repeat the layering once more, then top with an eggplant slice. Press down lightly.
- 8Place ramekins on a baking sheeet and bake until heated through and juices are bubbling around the edges. 25 to 35 minute.
- 9To serve, run a paring knife around the sides of each ramekin. Invert a plate on top and, grasping ramekins and plate with oven mitts, carefully invert the ramekins onto a plate. Very hot. Drizzle the tower with a little oiland garnish with basil sprig. Serve hot , warm or at room temperature.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Grilled Eggplant Towers With Tomatoes and Feta(From Eating Well
Serving Size: 1 (320 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 280.4
- Calories from Fat 198
- Total Fat 22.0 g
- Saturated Fat 7.5 g
- Cholesterol 33.3 mg
- Sodium 425.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 16.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 8.2 g
- Sugars 7.9 g
- Protein 8.0 g