Recipe by kittycatmom
Everyone has their favorite method for grilling veggies, this is mine. This basic method works for other vegetables too, including green onions and halved bell peppers. A bit of black pepper, fresh herbs, or parmesan cheese all make delicious finishing touches.
- 2 tablespoons salt, plus more for sprinkling
- 2 medium eggplants, trimmed and sliced diagonally (about 3/4 inch thick)
- 2 small zucchini, trimmed and halved lengthwise
- 4 roma tomatoes, halved lengthwise
- about 1/3 cup olive oil
- black pepper
- fresh herb
- parmesan cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large bowl, dissolve 2 tablespoons salt in 3 quarts cold water. Add eggplant slices and weight with a plate or inverted bowl. Let sit 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, prepare a charcoal or gas grill for medium-high heat (you can hold your hand at grill level only 3 to 4 seconds).
- Drain and dry eggplant. Lay vegetables on a platter. Brush one side with olive oil and sprinkle with salt.
- Brush grill with vegetable oil. Lay vegetables on grill, oiled side down. Close lid of gas grill and cook until grill marks form, about 5 minutes.
- Brush dry side of vegetables with olive oil and sprinkle with salt. Turn over, close lid of gas grill, and cook until tender, 3 to 5 minutes. Serve vegetables hot or at room temperature.