Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
This is delicious as is or for a nice presentation stack with fresh or grill tomatoes, and mozzarella cheese. Drizzle with the leftover marinade.
- 2 lbs eggplants, peeled and sliced
- 1⁄3 cup olive oil
- 1⁄3 cup fig balsamic vinegar
- 2 -4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 pinch chili pepper flakes
- 1 teaspoon fresh thyme, loose packed
- 1 teaspoon fresh rosemary, loose packed
- 1 teaspoon fresh oregano, loose packed
- 10 ounces mozzarella cheese (thinly sliced or shredded) (optional)
- 3 tomatoes, sliced thin (optional)
- Mix all marinade ingredients together in a large container with a lid.
- Add eggplant and toss to coat.
- Marinade for 1-8 hours.
- Heat grill.
- When grill is hot place eggplant on the hot preheated grill. Grill about 10 minutes, turning once.
- Enjoy as is or.
- Top with cheese and tomato slices.
- You can drizzle with balsamic that has been reduce by half.
- garnish with herbs.
Loved this! Great pictures, too. I used TJ Bal. vinegar - will look for fig. Put all in a zip lock bag with fresh herbs. After turning over on grill I added cheese. WOW - the best way to serve eggplant! I served in a stack with tomato slices and sprinkled fresh herbs over. Will serve this to many at the 2010 Balloon Fiesta! Thank you! A real keeper!
We really enjoyed this recipe. I marinated the eggplant overnight. I used Pampered Chef Italian Seasoning mix and shredded mozzarella cheese (because it's what I had on hand). Grilled the eggplant and at the end I topped it with the tomato and shredded mozzarella until the cheese had melted. Thanks this recipe is definitely a keeper!
This is a perfect vegetarian meal. I served it with couscous on the side and we were stuffed after supper. I will definitely make this again!