Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
GRILLED EGGPLANT SLICES From: "grist" Read My Review These eggplant slices will melt in your mouth. Top them with just a spoonful of a flavorful tomato sauce or a few gratings of fresh Parmesan cheese.
- 1 large eggplant (about 1 1/4 pounds)
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 garlic cloves, minced or 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon crumbled thyme
- 1. Preheat a gas grill to high, or build a fire in a kettle grill. Mesquite-flavored chips would taste great (optional).
- 2. Slice eggplant in 1/3- to 1/2-inch slices. In a small bowl add together the olive oil, lemon juice, garlic, salt, and thyme. Brush both sides of the eggplant slices with this sauce3. Place eggplant on the preheated grill. If you with to have nice grill lines, turn only once on each side. Grill about 10-15 minutes. Test for tenderness (doneness) by piercing with a fork. Makes 4 to 6 servings.
Great recipe! It would probably be even better if I had served them with cheese or tomato sauce. They do melt in your mouth with an explosion of flavor! This recipe is super easy too.