Recipe by stella_yeshu
Appetizers to entrees, Eggplant is popular around the world, and gives the sophisticated home chef a chance to create the classic eggplant dishes as well as experiment with a wide range of recipes and fully explore this extraordinary ingredients use. Eggplant is perfect for simple, creative, delicious dishes. Eggplant is wonderful in salads, soups, main courses, casseroles and side dishes.
- 4 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- salt, to taste
- fresh ground black pepper
- 2 small eggplants
- 1⁄2 cup cream cheese, Low-Fat Whipped or 1⁄2 cup goat cheese
- 4 pieces focaccia bread or 4 pieces other good quality bread, sliced in half, lengthwise
- 2⁄3 cup spinach, washed and dried
- 4 slices tomatoes
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat grill to medium heat.
- Add olive oil, garlic, salt, and fresh ground pepper and ½ teaspoon fresh chopped basil to small bowl. Stir to combine.
- Brush both sides of eggplant slices with olive oil mixture.
- Grill eggplant over direct heat, 3 minutes per side.
- Mix cream cheese, 1-tablespoon fresh chopped basil, salt, and fresh ground pepper in small bowl.
- Spread 4 halves of focaccia bread with cheese mixture.
- Top with spinach, slice of tomato and focaccia bread slice.