Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
One of the first recipes I used to try out my new BBQ. From Taste magazine. I liked the picture. My photo is not as professional but I hope it still inspires you to try this recipe!
- 2 large eggplants
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 2 garlic cloves
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 cup mint leaf (loosely packed)
- Slice the eggplant thinly.
- Brush each slice with olive oil and place on a ridged grill plate or barbecue.
- Turn when the cooked side has some good marks on it.
- Remove when the slices are they are soft and sprinkle with sea salt.
- Make the dressing by finely chopping the garlic and mint and mixing with the vinegar and olive oil. The wet ingredients will only coat the mint.
- Spread a little of the dressing on each slice of eggplant and roll it up.
- Drizzle any remaining dressing over the rolls.
- Serve at room temperature. Nice with BBQ chicken and salad.
Excellent side dish. I made this exactly as directed. Thanks for sharing. Made for Zingo ZWT4.
LOVED this as side dish, TRUE! Like to try different recipes...YOU? Interesting combination...next time might even try dill, Easy to make, low fat...for me a thrill! THANKS!