1/2 Photos of Grilled Eggplant Pizza(Vegetarian)
After trying grilled eggplant on a pizza I was hooked! I changed the recipe so much that I have posted my version. Use more or less sauce, I like mine saucy! My DH, DS and DD all said it's one of the best pizzas they have ever had, and my DH doesn't even like eggplant! Enjoy!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 premade 12-inch pizza crust (I used Mama Mary's)
- 1 -1 1/2 cup spaghetti sauce (I used Del Monte Green Pepper Mushroom)
- 2 cups mozzarella cheese (or half provolone)
- 1 small eggplant, peeled, cut in 1/4-inch rounds
- olive oil, to saute
- 1/2 cup red bell pepper, chopped
- 2 scallions, chopped
- 1/4 cup red onion, chopped (optional)
- 1 cup mushroom, sliced (button and portobello mix is good!)
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- olive oil, to drizzle (optional)
- salt and pepper
- 1Place eggplant rounds on a baking sheet, drizzle with olive oil and broil on low about 8" from flame, about 6-8 minutes on each side(or you may grill). Cut rounds in half. Set aside.
- 2In a large nonstick pan, lightly saute red bell pepper, scallions, red onion, and mushrooms in olive oil until tender, about 5-10 minutes.
- 3Layer pizza crust with spaghetti sauce, mozzarella cheese, eggplant, and scallion-red onion-mushroom mixture. Sprinkle over oregano and basil, lightly drizzle with olive oil and salt and pepper to taste.
- 4Bake in a 450*F. oven for 12-14 minutes. Cut into slices and enjoy!
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Grilled Eggplant Pizza(Vegetarian)
Serving Size: 1 (1114 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 258.8
- Calories from Fat 129
- Total Fat 14.4 g
- Saturated Fat 7.6 g
- Cholesterol 44.2 mg
- Sodium 656.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 18.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.7 g
- Sugars 10.6 g
- Protein 15.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
12-inch pizza crust