Recipe by Sureglad
Sam Zien has a new show on Discovery Health called "Just Cook This". I made the "Thai Curried Chicken" and it was fabulous, so I thought I would add a few more of his recipes. They are easy to make and healthful.
- 1 large globe eggplant, cut into eight 1/2-inch -thick slices
- 2 tomatoes, cut into eight 1/2-inch -thick slices
- 4 crusty Italian rolls, split in half
- 1⁄2 cup shredded parmesan cheese
- 1 bunch fresh basil
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- kosher salt
- fresh ground pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat grill to medium.
- Brush both sides of eggplant and tomato with olive oil and season with salt and pepper.
- Grill eggplant on both sides until soft and marked with grill lines, about seven minutes. Add cheese to the top of the eggplant slices, then add the tomatoes to the grill (they shouldn't take more than a couple of minutes each side, max).
- Add the buns to the grill and grill lightly.
- Build it this way: bun, 2 slices eggplant, basil leaves to cover, 2 slices of tomato and the other bun.