Grilled Eggplant Bites with Mozzarella Cheese
- In a large glass mixing bowl, combine the olive oil (or bottled vinaigrette), lemon juice, mustard, garlic, onion, basil and pepper, add the salt if desired.
- Add the eggplant rounds, coating well.
- Marinate for at least an hour.
- Remove eggplants rounds from bowl, grill or broil until cooked through, about 5 minutes on one side then turn over and cook for about 1 minute on the other side- watch carefully not to overcook.
- Remove and place on paper towels till cool.
- Wrap each eggplant round around a stick of mozzarella, secure with a toothpick Serve by themselves or with your favourite dip.