Prep 1 hr 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
The only way I perfer eggplant. Can aslo be used as appetizers.
- 1 1⁄2 cups olive oil (or use a bottled vinaigrette)
- 1⁄2 cup lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- garlic, minced to taste
- onion, minced to taste
- basil, minced to taste
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh cracked black pepper
- salt, to taste,if needed
- 1 medium eggplant, skinned and cut into 1/4 inch rounds,dry with paper towels
- 6 -8 ounces fat free mozzarella cheese, sliced into 1/4 inch long sticks
- toothpick, to secure bites
- In a large glass mixing bowl, combine the olive oil (or bottled vinaigrette), lemon juice, mustard, garlic, onion, basil and pepper, add the salt if desired.
- Add the eggplant rounds, coating well.
- Marinate for at least an hour.
- Remove eggplants rounds from bowl, grill or broil until cooked through, about 5 minutes on one side then turn over and cook for about 1 minute on the other side- watch carefully not to overcook.
- Remove and place on paper towels till cool.
- Wrap each eggplant round around a stick of mozzarella, secure with a toothpick Serve by themselves or with your favourite dip.
These were fun, popular and gobbled up.