Recipe by LaLa Lola
This is so easy and fun to make. Cook time is an estimate, depending on size of eggplant and heat of grill. Instead of grilling, the eggplant could also be prepared in a 350-degree oven. The recipe is from my best friend Cookie and recipes are the least of many wonderful things she shares with me.
Top Review by MizEmerilLagasse
Totally tasty! The eggplant absorbed the garlic flavor just enough to make to go "Mmm, there's a little garlic in this isn't there?" lol. This was pretty much good on everything too, but my favorite was on garlic crustini. Thanks for posting!
Directions See How It's Made
- With sharp paring knife, cut slits into eggplant.
- Insert garlic slivers into each slit, using as few or many as you like.
- Rub olive oil all over eggplant.
- Put on hot grill, turning to cook evenly.
- Eventually, the eggplant will sort of "deflate".
- Remove from grill; set aside to cool a bit.
- When cool enough to handle, cut a long slit in eggplant, open it up, and scrape out eggplant/garlic "innards".
- Place in bowl, salt & pepper to taste.
- Drizzle with a little olive oil.
- Serve with pita chips or crackers.
- Or use as a vegetable side dish.