This is a recipe from Sunset Magazine and best served with the Flank Steak with Warm Moroccan Spices Flank Steak With Warm Moroccan Spices, they suggest a nice Syrah to be served with this meal as the spices of this meal loop into the same spices of the wine. Note: To toast Pine Nuts, bake in a 325 degree F. oven, shaking pan occasionally, just until beginning to brown, about 8 minutes. Grill the vegetables before the flank steak, then finish the salad as the steak cooks. If grilling over charcoal, you may need to add a few more briquets before grilling the steak.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 large red bell peppers or 2 large orange bell peppers or 2 large yellow bell peppers
- 2 medium zucchini, rinsed, ends trimmed, and halved lengthwise
- 1 large eggplant, rinsed, ends trimmed, and thicly sliced crosswise
- 1 large sweet onion, peeled and thickly sliced
- 3/4 cup moroccan marinade (reserved from flank steak Flank Steak With Warm Moroccan Spices)
- 1/2 cup pine nuts, toasted
- 1/4 cup fresh mint leaves, chopped
- red wine vinegar
- salt & fresh ground pepper
- 1Lay bell peppers, zucchini, eggplant, and onion on baking sheets.
- 2Brush both sides of vegetables with Moroccan marinade.
- 3Lay vegetables on a well-oiled grill over a solid bed of medium-hot coals, or medium-high heat on a gas grill; close lid on gas grill.
- 4Cook vegetables, turning once, until beginning to brown and just tender when pierced. 7 to 8 minutes for eggplant, 8 to 10 minutes for onions and bell peppers, and 12 minutes for zucchini.
- 5Transfer to a large cutting board as done.
- 6Cut vegetables into 1 inch pieces and put in a bowl.
- 7Add pine nuts, mint and any remaining marinade.
- 8Mix, adding more vinegar, salt and pepper to taste.
Browse Our Top Moroccan Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Moroccan Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Grilled Eggplant (Aubergine) and Pepper Salad
Serving Size: 1 (248 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 136.4
- Calories from Fat 74
- Total Fat 8.2 g
- Saturated Fat 0.6 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 10.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 14.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.8 g
- Sugars 7.5 g
- Protein 4.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included: