Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
This is a recipe from Sunset Magazine and best served with the Flank Steak with Warm Moroccan Spices Flank Steak With Warm Moroccan Spices, they suggest a nice Syrah to be served with this meal as the spices of this meal loop into the same spices of the wine. Note: To toast Pine Nuts, bake in a 325 degree F. oven, shaking pan occasionally, just until beginning to brown, about 8 minutes. Grill the vegetables before the flank steak, then finish the salad as the steak cooks. If grilling over charcoal, you may need to add a few more briquets before grilling the steak.
- 2 large red bell peppers or 2 large orange bell peppers or 2 large yellow bell peppers
- 2 medium zucchini, rinsed, ends trimmed, and halved lengthwise
- 1 large eggplant, rinsed, ends trimmed, and thicly sliced crosswise
- 1 large sweet onion, peeled and thickly sliced
- 3⁄4 cup moroccan marinade (reserved from flank steak Flank Steak With Warm Moroccan Spices)
- 1⁄2 cup pine nuts, toasted
- 1⁄4 cup fresh mint leaves, chopped
- red wine vinegar
- salt & fresh ground pepper
- Lay bell peppers, zucchini, eggplant, and onion on baking sheets.
- Brush both sides of vegetables with Moroccan marinade.
- Lay vegetables on a well-oiled grill over a solid bed of medium-hot coals, or medium-high heat on a gas grill; close lid on gas grill.
- Cook vegetables, turning once, until beginning to brown and just tender when pierced. 7 to 8 minutes for eggplant, 8 to 10 minutes for onions and bell peppers, and 12 minutes for zucchini.
- Transfer to a large cutting board as done.
- Cut vegetables into 1 inch pieces and put in a bowl.
- Add pine nuts, mint and any remaining marinade.
- Mix, adding more vinegar, salt and pepper to taste.