1/2 Photos of Grilled Eggplant (Aubergine) and Mozzarella Sandwiches
We try to cut back on our red meat and our favorite subs are eggplant and Portebello mushrooms. This is a delicious eggplant one. The freshest ingredients really make a difference,especially the mozzarella and basil.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Prepare a moderately hot grill.
- 2On a platter, pour 2 T dressing over eggplant slices, (I brush the slices to cut back on calories).
- 3Grill eggplant over moderate heat, brushing with more dressing, until charred and soft on the inside, about 5 minutes.
- 4Meanwhile, brush cut sides of rolls with remaining dressing, place around edge of grill, and toast until a golden brown, about 2 minutes.
- 5Layer rolls with eggplant, cheese, tomato, and basil leaves and replace tops.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Grilled Eggplant (Aubergine) and Mozzarella Sandwiches
Serving Size: 1 (702 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 470.6
- Calories from Fat 214
- Total Fat 23.8 g
- Saturated Fat 9.1 g
- Cholesterol 44.7 mg
- Sodium 1156.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 45.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 7.7 g
- Sugars 8.9 g
- Protein 20.4 g