Recipe by chia
From today's paper. This made an awesome lunch and the vegetarian in the family appreciated it.
Top Review by Roosie
These are *FABULOUS*!!! I made these as part of the Recipe Cookalong Challenge Game's Sandwich Week and am so glad I did! I used NurseDi's Grilled Eggplant (#30004) for the eggplant. We also added a couple sundried tomatoes and roasted bell peppers and some sundried tomato dressing on these., but the base flavors of the sandwich are terrific. Sourdough seems like a good choice of bread. BF thinks they would be good with fresh tomatoes too (I don't like fresh tomatoes, so that's all him- *lol*). Made these on the George Foreman grill and were fast, easy and mind-bogglingly delicious! Absolutely gourmet/restaurant quality! They were sooooooooo good!
- 4 slices eggplants
- extra virgin olive oil
- salt, pepper to taste
- 8 slices country sliced bread
- 2 cups arugula leaves
- 8 ounces thinly sliced mozzarella cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Brush eggplant slices with oil on both sides and place in a George Foreman grill--or panini grill-- cook 4 minutes, remove.
- Brush bread slices with oil.
- On 4 slices, oil side down, arrange eggplant, arugula, and mozzarella, top with 4 bread slices oil side up add 2 sandwiches to grill, close and cook 3-4 minutes.
- Cut sandwiches on diagonal and serve.