Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
From today's paper. This made an awesome lunch and the vegetarian in the family appreciated it.
Make and share this Grilled Eggplant, Arugula and Mozzarella Panini recipe from Food.com.
- 4 slices eggplants
- extra virgin olive oil
- salt, pepper to taste
- 8 slices country sliced bread
- 2 cups arugula leaves
- 8 ounces thinly sliced mozzarella cheese
- Brush eggplant slices with oil on both sides and place in a George Foreman grill--or panini grill-- cook 4 minutes, remove.
- Brush bread slices with oil.
- On 4 slices, oil side down, arrange eggplant, arugula, and mozzarella, top with 4 bread slices oil side up add 2 sandwiches to grill, close and cook 3-4 minutes.
- Cut sandwiches on diagonal and serve.
These are *FABULOUS*!!! I made these as part of the Recipe Cookalong Challenge Game's Sandwich Week and am so glad I did! I used NurseDi's Grilled Eggplant (#30004) for the eggplant. We also added a couple sundried tomatoes and roasted bell peppers and some sundried tomato dressing on these., but the base flavors of the sandwich are terrific. Sourdough seems like a good choice of bread. BF thinks they would be good with fresh tomatoes too (I don't like fresh tomatoes, so that's all him- *lol*). Made these on the George Foreman grill and were fast, easy and mind-bogglingly delicious! Absolutely gourmet/restaurant quality! They were sooooooooo good!
Oh, this was gooood!!! I broiled the eggplant since I don't own a Foreman grill. I used sourdough bread and broiled it too. Delicious!
Thanks Chia :) Easy and Delicious! I made this on Ciabatta bread with garlic infused olive oil, the family loved it!