Prep 20 mins
Cook 7 mins
- 2 medium green sweet peppers or 2 medium red sweet peppers or 2 medium yellow sweet peppers (or combination)
- 1 medium eggplant, cut into 12 slices (about 12 ounces)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 8 slices French bread, 1/2 inch thick
- 4 ounces soft goat cheese (chevre)
- 1⁄4 cup dijon-style mustard
- Quarter the sweet peppers lengthwise; remove and discard the stems, seeds, and membranes.
- Brush eggplant slices with oil.
- Grill eggplant slices and sweet pepper quarters on the rack of an uncovered grill directly over medium-hot coals for 4 minutes.
- Turn and grill 3 to 5 minutes more or until eggplant is tender and sweet peppers are slightly charred.
- Remove vegetables from grill; set aside.
- Spread 1 side of each French bread slice with goat cheese and mustard.
- Layer 3 eggplant slices and 2 sweet pepper quarters on 4 of the bread slices.
- Top with remaining bread slices.
- Serve warm.