Recipe by Dr. Jenny
DH and I made this salad to accompany a grilled chicken souvlaki dish that we made for dinner. The salad was really tasty. It is from my Bobby Flay "Boy Meets Grill" cookbook.
Top Review by CaliforniaJan
I grilled the eggplant on my cast iron grill on my cooktop and it worked wonderfully. Loved the Greek flavors, and it was so easy to put together that it can be an easy and tasty weeknight salad.
- 1 eggplant, cut into 1/2 inch slices (about 1 lb)
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil, plus extra for brushing the eggplant
- kosher salt, to taste
- fresh ground black pepper, to taste
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 teaspoons dried ancho chile powder
- 2 teaspoons finely chopped fresh oregano
- 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 red onion, thinly sliced
- 8 ounces feta cheese, crumbled
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat a gas or charcoal grill to high.
- Brush the eggplant with olive oil, season with salt and pepper, and grill until soft, with visible grill marks, about 4 minutes on each side. Cut into 4 inch cubes.
- Whisk together the remaining 1/4 cup of olive oil, garlic, chile powder, oregano, and vinegar in a large bowl until combined. Add the eggplant and red onion, toss to coat with dressing, season with salt and pepper, and crumble feta cheese over the top.