Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
TOH; wonderful for summer barbecues.
- 1 large eggplant
- 1⁄3 cup butter or 1⁄3 cup margarine, melted
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon italian seasoning
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- Peel the eggplant, and then cut into 3/4-inch slices.
- Combine butter, garlic salt, and Italian seasonings; stir well.
- Brush eggplant slices with butter mixture, and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Place eggplant on grill; grill over medium heat 10 minutes or until tender, turning and basting occasionally.
I have made these twice now. The first time I used our George Foreman grill and they were wonderful. I cooked them on the grill for our holiday cook-out and they were even better--obviously a more smoky, charbroiled flavor. These were so easy and tasted great. Even folks who are not crazy about eggplant enjoyed them. Thanks NurseDi.
This is great! I used fresh minced garlic instead of the garlic salt, but that was the only change. I'm so happy to find an eggplant recipe that is quick and easy.
Easy and quick to make, soft, tender and flavorful. Made on my George Foreman type grill. Followed recipe with no changes. Prep and cook time were exactly right. What more could one ask for. Thanks NurseDi, another great one.