Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
These are great when it's too hot in the kitchen. The sauce can be made ahead of time and refrigerated - this also makes a lot of sauce,leftovers can be refrigerated for later. Adapted from Bon Appetit (July 2004)
- In a saucepan over medium heat, melt butter and then add onion and sauté until soft (5 minutes). Add next 5 ingredients (ketchup - mustard)and 1/4 teaspoon pepper and chili powder. Reduce heat to medium low, and simmer for 15 minutes or until sauce thickens. Stir in bourbon and cook another 3-5 minutes. Remove from heat. Season with salt. (May be prepared up to one day ahead, covered and refrigerated).
- In a large baggie or paper bag add 1 1/2 teaspoons salt and 1/2 teaspoon pepper and then add chicken and shake well to coat.
- Let chicken stand at room temperature while preparing grill.
- Grill drumsticks for 20-30 minutes or until skin is crisp and chicken is done, brushing with sauce occasionally. When chicken is done brush with sauce again and cook until glazed (3-5 minutes).
- Serve with remaining sauce.