Prep 10 mins
Cook 5 mins
This dish is briefly marinated then "grilled" under the broiler.
- 2 lbs salmon fillets
- 1⁄4 cup vegetable oil
- 3 tablespoons fresh dill, finely chopped
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 4 tablespoons melted butter
- 1⁄2 lemon, sliced thin for garnish
- fresh parsley (to garnish)
- Cut the salmon into 4 equal pieces. Combine oil, dill, salt and pepper. Coat salmon pieces in this marinade, cover and refrigerate about 20 minutes (or more).
- Preheat broiler. Place salmon, skin side down on broiler tray. Broil about 4 minutes until done. It is not necessary to turn. Brush with butter. Garnish each piece with a lemon slice and a parsley sprig.
Reviewed for ZWT9 - a great way to enjoy salmon and I got to use some of my home-grown dill. Lovely fresh flavours and a great simple meal. Served with steamed carrots and Norwegian Herbed Potatoes
This salmon recipe was so simple to make, yet was restaurant quality and had a beautiful presentation. We broiled the fish a little over 5 minutes, which was perfect. We served with new potatoes and Danish blue cheese salad. Made for ZWT 9. Thanks!