Recipe by MarthaStewartWanabe
I'm not certain from where this recipe originated, but it is one of my husband's and my favorites. This past Valentine's Day, which happened to be on the day of a blustery snowstorm, he actually made this recipe on the outdoor grill. Now that's love!
- 2 Delmonico steaks (or cut of preference)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon black pepper, freshly ground
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 teaspoons rosemary, dried
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat grill to medium-high heat.
- Tenderize steaks and season on both sides with salt and pepper.
- With two layers of aluminum foil cut into a square, make a sack-like shape (rounded on the bottom and pinched in the middle) and do not seal just yet.
- Place garlic, rosemary and oil in the sack and swish from side to side to combine.
- Tightly seal the sack.
- Place sack on top rack of grill (as not to be too close to the flame, which may burn the garlic).
- Grill steaks on bottom rack for 5-8 minutes on each side or until desired doneness. Close grill cover between flipping of steaks.
- Remove foil sack from grill at the same time as steaks.
- Plate steaks, open foil sack slightly and drizzle oil over steaks. If desired, spoon garlic and rosemary from sack onto steaks as well.