Prep 4 hrs
Cook 10 mins
This recipe was featured on week 45 of my food blog, "Travel by Stove." I am attempting to cook one meal from every nation on Earth, and Cambodia is my 45th stop. Unless otherwise noted, my Travel by Stove recipes are taken from authentic or traditional sources, and this recipe has been posted without any alternations or additions to the ingredients. This paricular recipe is by Mylinh Nakry and was originally posted on a site called Khmer Krom Recipes.
- 1 lb chicken breast, cut into strips
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 green onion, minced
- 2 tablespoons minced lemongrass (I grated mine)
- 2 tablespoons curry powder
- 1 tablespoon honey or 1 tablespoon light brown sugar
- 1⁄2 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1⁄2 tablespoon fish sauce
- 1⁄2 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil (to prevent drying)
- Mix all the ingredients together in a large bowl. Cover and refrigerate for at least 4 hours.
- Place the chicken strips on skewers and pour the rest of the marinade over. Cook on a grill over low heat until the chicken is golden brown all over (I just put mine under the broiler. They really do need an open flame.).
- Serve with mango salsa on the side.