1/2 Photos of Grilled Cube Steaks With Red Onion Sauce
This was something I threw together for dinner tonight. I was tired of the same old cube steak recipes. This was a little different. To make the steaks a little more tender, I let them marinate in Italian dressing all day. When I came home they were ready to pop on the grill. While they grilled, I made the sauce. It's super easy. I'll give you the ingredients I used, but you can experiment to adjust to your tastes. This recipe is for 2 servings, but you can change to allow more. Steak fries, baked potato, steamed broccoli, corn, pasta salad or tossed salad would be some great sides to serve with this dish.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 beef cube steaks
- 2 tablespoons bottled Italian dressing (homemade or lite Italian is fine, also)
- 1 tablespoon McCormick's Montreal Brand steak seasoning
- 1Place steaks and 2 Tbsp of Italian dressing in freezer zip bags to marinate for a couple hours or all day.
- 2When ready to grill lightly coat both sides of each steak with Montreal Steak Seasoning.
- 3Heat grill to med-hi.
- 4Cook steaks about 10 minutes for each side.
- 5For the sauce:.
- 6Heat the oil in a large heavy frying pan and add the onions.
- 7Cook on a low heat for about 10-15 minutes until soft. Stir in the basil/rosemary and cook for another 5 minutes.
- 8Turn the heat up and add the sugar, let the onions caramelize slightly by stirring over a medium high flame for 3 minutes, add the flour and cook for a few minutes before adding the stock and wine.
- 9Taste and then add salt and pepper.
- 10Serve over steaks.
Browse Our Top Steak Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Steak Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Grilled Cube Steaks With Red Onion Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (150 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 228.5
- Calories from Fat 99
- Total Fat 11.0 g
- Saturated Fat 1.6 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 248.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 21.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.1 g
- Sugars 10.4 g
- Protein 1.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
beef cube steaks
McCormick's Montreal Brand steak seasoning