Yummy Yummy Yummy! Full of flavor and so worth the "extra work". If you can't find a pork shoulder you can sub a blade roast.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 1/2 cup lime juice
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 1/4 cup orange liqueur or 1/4 cup additional orange juice
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons fresh oregano, chopped or 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon cumin seed
- 1 tablespoon lime zest
- 2 teaspoons fresh ground pepper
- 5 -6 lbs boneless pork shoulder butt
- 1Place all marinade ingredients in a medium bowl and stir together until combined. Reserve and refrigerate 1/3 c marinade.
- 2Place pork in a large resealable plastic bag. Pour remaining marinade over the pork, seal the bag and refrigerate 24 hours turning the bag occasionally.
- 3When ready to grill, remove pork from bag and discard the bag and marinade. Light the two outside burners of your three burner grill or light one side and not the other on a two burner grill, placing a drip pan under grate where burner is NOT lit. Heat on high until hot and then turn down to low.
- 4Place roast over drip pan on the unlit section of the grill. Cover and grill 2 hours or until internal temp reaches 170 degrees. You should maintain an internal grill temp of 300-350 degrees.
- 5Remove roast to a cutting board and cover loosely with foil and let stand 15 minutes.
- 6While roast is standing; in a small bowl, stir together cornstarch and water.
- 7In a saucepan combine reserved marinade and orange juice. Over medium high heat, bring to a boil and then reduce heat to medium low. Simmer 5 minutes. Stir in lime juice ans sugar. Then stir in cornstarch mixture. Bring to a boil for 30 seconds or until slightly thickened.
- 8Set aside. Slice pork about 1/4 inch thick. Rewarm sauce, add cilantro and serve on the side to put over sliced pork.
Browse Our Top Pork Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Grilled Cuban Style Pork Shoulder
Serving Size: 1 (344 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 702.3
- Calories from Fat 382
- Total Fat 42.4 g
- Saturated Fat 14.4 g
- Cholesterol 226.6 mg
- Sodium 1042.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 10.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.5 g
- Sugars 6.2 g
- Protein 66.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included: