The sugar in the rub melts as the steaks cook and create a crunchy crust that is spicy sweet. The butter will mellow the peppery taste.
- 4 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 4 sirloin steaks
- 1⁄4 cup ground black pepper
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons white pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- Mix together butter, parsley, lemon juice and 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder.
- Place butter mixture in plastic wrap and roll into a log shape.
- Chill until firm.
- Combine black pepper, white pepper, red pepper flakes, coriander, sugar, salt and garlic powder.
- Rub spice mix into both sides of steaks.
- Shake off excess.
- Place steaks on a hot grill and cook for 2 minutes.
- Turn and cook for 2 additional minutes.
- Move steak to a cooler section of the grill and continue to cook until desired doneness.
- Serve each steak with a slice of the lemon butter.