Prep 5 mins
Cook 5 mins
I love all grilled sandwiches! This one is very easy to make and it's great on it's own or with additions. I use low fat cream cheese and it's always good.
- 9.85 ml butter
- 2 slice bread
- 29.58 ml cream cheese, softened
- 2 chopped scallions
- 2 slice bacon or 2 slice pork or 2 slice turkey
- 1 sliced apple
- 9.85 ml strawberry preserves
- Melt 1 teaspoon butter in a small skillet.
- Spread cream cheese on one slice of bread.
- If adding extras-do so now.
- Cover with second slice of bread and butter the top slice with the other teaspoon of butter.
- Place in hot buttered skillet on unbuttered side.
- Grill until lightly browned.
- Flip it and lightly brown the other side.
This was a nice surprise. I was looking for something different for lunch, and to use some cream cheese. Wouldn't ya know, this fit the bill. I used pear slices, with a sprinkle of cinnamon sugar, and it was scrumptious. I had enough leftover date spread to make one sandwich too, and though I had made date/cr cheese sandwiches before, grilling them took them to an incredible new level. The pear was wonderful; just slightly warmed and softened by the heat, but not mushy, and the cream cheese was so good softened by the heat. I made it on my homemade bread (#277723), and I thought the complex flavors enhanced this recipe, and the substance should make an otherwise light sandwich last until dinner. Thanks for a great idea!
We loved this sandwich. I fixed it for lunch today for me and my two kids. I used some chopped chives in mine and used about 3 tsp of strawberry preserves in theres. Really Really yummy. It was so easy and quick to fix too. Thanks so much for sharing. I made for the I recommend tag game. June 2010
This was very tasty! I used light cream cheese and added chives and bacon. Yum yum! Like another reviewer, I spread the cheese on both pieces of bread so it held the extras better. Thanks for sharing :)