Grilled Crab and Cheddar Sandwich
- In a medium sized bowl place the crab or surimi and pick through to remove any bones or cartilage.
- Stir in the cheese, green onions and just enough mayonnaise to hold it all together.
- Spoon the crab on 4 slices of bread and top with remaining bread.
- Heat a griddle to medium-low heat.
- Brush tops of bread liberally with melted butter and place butter side down on hot griddle.
- Cook slowly until golden and crisp on the bottom, about 2-3 minutes.
- Brush tops with melted butter and turn to cook the other side, again slowly until bread is browned, 2 minutes more.
- Cut in half and serve while still hot.