Prep 15 mins
Cook 6 mins
Way better than a Tuna Melt! Sometimes I add a slice of tomato to this sandwich before cooking, which makes it even more delicious.
- 2 cups crabmeat (Surimi works too if you can't afford or get fresh crab)
- 2 cups cheddar cheese
- 4 -5 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 2 green onions, minced
- 8 slices sourdough bread
- 5 tablespoons melted butter
- In a medium sized bowl place the crab or surimi and pick through to remove any bones or cartilage.
- Stir in the cheese, green onions and just enough mayonnaise to hold it all together.
- Spoon the crab on 4 slices of bread and top with remaining bread.
- Heat a griddle to medium-low heat.
- Brush tops of bread liberally with melted butter and place butter side down on hot griddle.
- Cook slowly until golden and crisp on the bottom, about 2-3 minutes.
- Brush tops with melted butter and turn to cook the other side, again slowly until bread is browned, 2 minutes more.
- Cut in half and serve while still hot.
My husband enjoyed this. You could use so many different kinds of cheeses.
Well, I cheated and used the fake crabmeat (in the frozen pkg) and just shredded it. I also used my homemade whole wheat bread, so it made closer to 6 servings (still saving some for another day). Used the electric skillet at 350Â° and turned out beautifully! Two out of 3 kids liked it too. :) Will save this for a different lunch.
Quick and easy to put together. I used can crab meat, soy mayonnaise and white bread. Was a delicious lunch. Thank you Geema