Prep 10 mins
Cook 5 mins
Grill your greens! This salad is ever so simple and tasty. Prepare the dressing first so you can quickly mix everything together and enjoy the salad while it's still warm! I'm afraid I can't take credit for this wonderful recipe - it's adapted from Eeva Kolu's food blog Voisilmäpeliä. :-)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese
- 1 pinch cayenne pepper
- salt & pepper (to taste)
- 2 courgettes
- olive oil
- 75 ml fresh parsley (chopped)
- 75 ml walnuts (chopped)
- Make the dressing by whisking all ingredients together; season to taste.
- Slice courgettes lengthwise (a handheld cheese slicer works well - you want thin-ish slices, but not so thin that they break when you're grilling them).
- Drizzle courgette slices with olive oil and mix.
- Grill the slices, browning both sides.
- Mix grilled slices with the dressing, parsley and walnuts, and serve.
Thanks to the Community Cafe thread: Promo - And in Last Place... I was introduced to this delicious recipe! First, I had to Google what a courgette was, but once I found it was a silly ole' zucchini, I was not afraid to give it a try! :) I sliced zucchini coins so we could use the grill basket, keeping the vegan food away from the meats, so grill marks aren't decorating the zucchini coins, but the flavor sure is. I used pecans instead of walnuts, due to an allergy. Everyone raved over this recipe, and no doubt we'll be making it again! Thanks for posting this recipe, Stormy! :)
This was really good. I used toasted sliced almonds as I had some I needed to use up. I don't grill much, so next time I think I'll roast in the oven. I didn't have any dressing left over - just brushed on both sides of the zucchini, but didn't need any extra. Yum, I will be making again.