Prep 35 mins
Cook 30 mins
This is a marinade that for pork that has very good flavor
- 1⁄4 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 1⁄3 cup Worcestershire sauce
- 1 1⁄2 ounces soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons inglehoffer original stone ground mustard
- 1⁄4 cup kc masterpeice original barbecue sauce
- 2 lbs country-style pork ribs
- Wisk together the Brown Sugar, Pepper, Garlic Powder, Onion Powder, Water, Worcesteshire Sauce and Soy Sauce. Then wisk in the Mustard. Reserve 1/4 cup of the marinade.
- Trim the pork ribs and place in a sealable plastic bag in a large bowl.
- Pour in the marinade remove the excess air and seal the bag. Let the ribs marinade at room temerature for 30 minutes.
- Heat up the grill and clean the grates.
- Mix the reserve marinade with the barbecue sauce.
- Remove the meat from the marinade and discard the remaining marinade.
- Brush the meat with the marinade & Barbecue sauce and grill over direct high heat with the grill covered turning every 10-15 minutes. When meat temp reaches 155° remove from grill and enjoy.
Excellent marinade! I left the ribs in all day in the fridge and they were so good we didn't even use BBQ sauce! I didn't have any stone ground mustard, so I used spicy brown, but I only had about 2 tsp of it. It was still excellent! I'll definitely use this every time I make ribs!
The BEST ribs I have ever prepared, or eaten!! Everyone in my family loved it!! I made the mistake of grilling it on high, as the recipe said, and ended up burning part of two, but even the burned part was great! One of my 12-year old boys, who can be VERY picky about eating food that's just a little overdone, actually told me that the part that I burned was still really good!! It came out tender and juicy, even the burned ribs!! Next time I make it, I'll just have to watch the grill a little more vigilantly. And believe me, I AM going to make this again. I am making this recipe my own, and I can't wait to hear the comments when I have people over for cookouts next summer! Thank you so very much!!
This had wonderful flavor. I made as directed, except used Dijon mustard. I will definitely make again.