Prep 10 mins
Cook 40 mins
Simple. Pork chops on the grill are the best! The sherry and cinnamon make this grilled pork chop recipe different. Prep time does not include the 8 hours of marinating time.
- 4 center-cut pork chops, 1 inch thick
- 118.29 ml soy sauce
- 59.14 ml brown sugar, firmly packed
- 59.14 ml sherry wine (tried just sherry, and food.com wouldn't take it!)
- 4.92 ml ground cinnamon
- 2.46 ml garlic salt
- 0.25 ml ground ginger
- Trim all the excess fat off of the pork chops, and place the pork chops in a shallow container.
- Combine the remaining ingredients, stirring well. Pour over the chops. Cover and marinate in the refrigerator for at least 8 hours, turning frequently.
- Remove the chops from the marinade, reserving the marinade. Grill the pork chops over medium coals for 15 minutes on each side or until they reach your desired degree of doneness. Make sure the coals are medium and not high so you don't burn your chops! Baste frequently with the reserved marinade.
These were delicious! The marinade was fabulous, gave my chops a great flavor. My kiddos ate every last bite. Will be adding this to the "make often" pile!
Made as posted except added a small dash of black pepper.. The marinade was one of the best, very nice, and flavorful. Some marinade left over, have to try it on some more chops, since they are on sale at one of the local markets here.Made for 1-2-3 hits.
Excellent as usual for a Breezer recipe. I REALLY didn't want to add the cinnamon, but I felt I must. It was delish! I used fresh ginger (well... not really fresh, but the minced ginger in a jar)! I used more chops and still had plenty of marinade. This is a must try, made for photo tag.