Recipe by CookinCowgirl
This recipe is a variation of one from "BBQ USA," and is a great grilled chicken recipe from a fair booth in New York called Baker's Chicken Coop, which became famous in the late 40s. Serve it with potato salad and a read leaf lettuce salad with tomatoes, cucumbers and Granny's Red French Dressing (#116968).
Top Review by BMWtech777ncEMT
excellent. been having this since i was a child. it is best if you use chicken quarters and use a meat injector with the sauce before marinating. cook low and slow over charcoal. if you have a gas grill, its best to prebake it on 350 for 30-40 min before grilling. never use white meat, it doesnt come out well.
- 1360.77-1814.36 g chicken quarters
marinade and baste
- 1 large egg
- 236.59 ml canola oil
- 236.59 ml tarragon vinegar
- 118.29 ml lemon juice
- 44.37 ml kosher salt
- 44.37 ml dried rosemary
- 14.79 ml garlic powder
- 14.79 ml poultry seasoning
- 4.92 ml fresh ground pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- In a food processor, mix the egg with the oil and other ingredients.
- Marinate the chicken in one half of the marinade for 4-6 hours in the refrigerator.
- Place a drip pan half full of water in the bottom of half of the grill.
- Fire up the grill.
- Oil the grate.
- Cook the chicken indirectly for 40 to 60 minutes on the side of the grill where the drip pan is, basting and turning the chicken occasionally.
- Move the chicken to grill it directly for extra browning.
- The internal temperature of the chicken should be 180 degrees before serving.