Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is from Bon Appetit...use deli corned beef or leftovers. Great with coleslaw as a side...and of course a dill pickle.
- 8 slices jewish-style rye bread
- Dijon mustard
- 1 lb corned beef, thinly sliced
- 8 ounces Fontina cheese, thinly sliced
- 1⁄2 sweet onion, thinly sliced
- 4 tablespoons butter, divided
- Place 4 bread slices on work surface.
- Spread mustard on 1 side of each. Divide corned beef among bread slices. Top with cheese and onion. Cover with remaining 4 bread slices, pressing slightly to adhere.
- Melt 2 tablespoons butter in each of 2 large nonstick skillets over medium heat. Place 2 sandwiches on each skillet and cook until golden brown on bottom, pressing occasionally with spatula, about 3 minutes. Turn sandwiches over and cook until golden on bottom and cheese melts, about 3 minutes. Transfer sandwiches to plates, cut in half and serve.