Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
This is very good
- 1⁄2 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1⁄2 tablespoon garlic, chopped
- 1 cup fresh basil, coarsley chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon chili powder
- 12 ears corn, husks removed and halved
- 24 bamboo skewers
- Mix butter, garlic, basil, cumin, black pepper, and chili powder. Cook ears of corn for two minutes, covered, in boiling water. Remove from heat and let stand for 15 minutes, covered., or brush skewered ears of corn with vegetable oil, place on the edge of the hottest part of the grill, cook slowly for 10 minutes. Place two halves of corn on a serving plate, brush each half with 1/2 tablespoons butter mixture. Serve.
I changed the technique somewhat by boiling as stated but then putting the corn cobs into individual foil packets with the butter mixture in a hot oven for about 15-20 minutes. I liked the combo of spices and herbs hence I am happy to rate this recipe despite not using the exact same cooking technique.