Recipe by lazyme
This is a great way to dress up grilled corn on the cob. If you can't find the hot smoked paprika, try using about 4 teaspoons of minced chipotles in adobo sauce instead. The butter can be prepared one day ahead and is not reflected in the times. From Bon Appetit.
Top Review by teresas
What a nice change...I cut the recipe way down...so I cheated and didn't use the food processor...I just creamed all the butter ingredients together and rolled it into the size of a quarter...I got 4 little coin size slices...I used the frozen little corn nibbles...hubby really liked the smokey taste...thanks for posting it...=)
- 1 cup unsalted butter (2 sticks, room temperature)
- 2 teaspoons hot smoked paprika
- 1 garlic clove, chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sugar
- 1 pinch salt
- 20 ears fresh corn, shucked
Directions See How It's Made
- Blend butter, paprika, garlic, sugar, and salt in processor until smooth.
- Wrap paprika butter in plastic, forming 1 1/2-inch-diameter log.
- Refrigerate butter until very cold, about 2 hours. (Can be made 1 day ahead. Keep refrigerated.)
- Prepare barbecue (medium-high heat).
- Working in batches, cook corn in large pot of boiling salted water until tender, about 5 minutes.
- Drain well.
- Grill corn until lightly browned in spots, turning occasionally, about 5 minutes.
- Serve corn hot with thick slices of paprika butter.