Prep 20 mins
Cook 15 mins
- 6 ears corn
- 1⁄3 cup unsalted butter, at room temperature
For the pecan butter
- 1⁄3 cup ground pecans
For the lime butter
- 1 tablespoon grated lime zest
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
For the chili butter
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin seed
For the Italian herb butter
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh basil
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh oregano
- Prepare a fire in a covered grill.
- Working with 1 ear of corn at a time, carefully pull back the husks but leave them attached.
- Remove and discard the silk, then replace the husks around the ear.
- Soak the ears in cold water to cover for at least 20 minutes and then drain.
- To make the seasoned butter, in a small bowl, using a fork or a wooden spoon, beat the butter until soft.
- Mix in the ingredients of your choice until they are evenly distributed.
- Refrigerate if not using immediately.
- Carefully pull back the husks from each ear and spread the seasoned butter of your choice evenly over the kernels.
- Replace the husks.
- Place the corn on the grill rack, cover, open the vents, and grill until the husks are browned and the kernels are tender, about 15 minutes.
- Transfer the corn to a platter or individual plates and serve hot.
This is fantastic! We've been making this all summer long for BBQ parties. Everyone always ask for the recipes for the butters.
This cooking method is right-on, producing perfectly cooked, tender ears of corn. I used the chili butter option, but I only used 1 Tbsp. We love spice, but I really think 2 Tbsp would be so overpowering. I also added a dash of garlic salt to the butter. These were great served with Cheddar Barbecued Burgers, Brats and Beer & Baked Beans.
This corn is great! We only used the Italian Herb Butter but I can't wait to try the others. Thanks Mimi for posting this wonderful way to serve corn.