Recipe by yooper
Wonderful grilled corn on the cob slathered in roasted garlic butter! Garlic lovers will fight over this one! Prep time includes 70 minutes for roasting garlic.
Top Review by Sue Lau
What a great idea! I never thought to use roasted garlic on corn before. The roasting of the garlic mellowed so it did not overpower the flavor of the corn. The roasted garlic paired well with the charring on the corn so I suggest to stay with the non-foil cooking option. This is definitely a recipe I will make again. Thanks, yooper!
- 2 heads garlic
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 10 tablespoons butter, room temperature
- 6 ears sweet corn, husks removed
Directions See How It's Made
- Position rack in center of oven and preheat to 350.
- Cut off and discard top quarter of each garlic head.
- Place garlic in small baking dish.
- Drizzle with 2 tablespoons oil.
- Cover dish with foil and bake until garlic is tender, about 1 hour 10 minutes.
- cool garlic slightly.
- Squeeze garlic out of papery skins, letting garlic fall into small bowl.
- Mash with fork.
- Stir in butter.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- (Roasted garlic can be made 2 days ahead. Cover and refrigerate. Bring to room temperature before using.) Prepare barbeque to medium heat.
- Brush corn lightly all over with remaining 2 tablespoons oil.
- Grill corn until brown in spots, turning occasionally, about 12 minutes, or wrap in foil if you prefer and cook 15-20 minutes, turning often.
- Serve hot, passing roasted garlic butter seperately.