Recipe by bricookie55
From Rachael Ray's Magazine. Makes a great summer side dish, especially for a barbecue!
Top Review by Susie D
I didn't have a chance to use the grill for the corn so cooked the cobs on the stove. I completely eliminated the olive oil because of the cooking method. We enjoyed the parmesan butter spread on the corn. I froze the rest for a future meal. Thank you for sharing the recipe! Reviewed for PAC Fall '07.
- 1⁄2 cup butter, softened (1 stick)
- 1⁄2 cup parmesan cheese, finely grated
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 6 ears corn, husked
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
Directions See How It's Made
- In a medium bowl, beat together butter, cheese, and pepper until creamy. Spoon onto a sheet of plastic wrap or waxed paper, roll into a log, and freeze until chilled, at least 20 minutes (or up to 2 days).
- Preheat a grill or grill pan to medium-high. Cut the corncobs in half. Brush them lightly with olive oil and grill, turning on occasion, until the corn is tender and just getting charred, 12 to 15 minutes.
- Cut the chilled butter into small pieces and serve with the corn.
- Prep time does not include the chilling time of the butter.